- three plays and an essay by Jon Shirota, a Nisei novelist and playwright born in Hawai‘i;
- two essays by Mitsugu Sakihara, an Issei university professor and historian;
- an interview with Seiyei Wakukawa, an Issei journalist, historian, and activist;
- an interview with June Hiroko Arakawa, a Kibei Nisei who was a prominent community figure;
- an essay by Philip K. Ige, a Nisei writer born in Hawai‘i; and
- art from the Sakamaki/Hawley Collection of Hamilton Library, of the University of Hawai‘i.
To purchase a copy, please visit our order page.
This blog, Voices from Okinawa Online, has been created to bring attention to
- MANOA’s summer 2009 issue;
- writing by Okinawans and Okinawan Americans; and
- Okinawa’s literature, culture, and history.